Business marketing has changed beyond all recognition since the turn of the century. Nowadays most customers will have some form of technology such as a mobile smart phone, tablet or PC. With such advanced mobile technology it is important that businesses offer a service that can reach potential customers and fans directly.
Social Media is a really fantastic way for small businesses to keep in-touch with clients. It allows businesses to inform customers about new products and services they have. It is also a very important place for a business to build good and trustworthy relationships with their clients.
There are some great ways that you as a business owner can boost your social media marketing;
- · Once you have built up a solid fan base, keep them interested in your business by inviting your customers and fans to interact with you over social media.
- · Get them involved in interesting discussions. This doesn’t necessarily need to be about your business or its products. It could be about anything you think is going to spark a debate.
- · Offer your audience information that they will find helpful. Give tips and advice on topics that adhere to your business. For example; a cake maker would offer tips on getting a great rise on their cakes. Also using the 80/20 principle for you content will work wonders. Use 80% content that isn’t necessarily about you business or it products and services will keep your audience interested.
- · Be consistent with your posts and interaction. Take time to research when your audience is most active. This way you can invest more time to working on your Facebook or Twitter at the best times that will yield better results.
- · Small businesses should take time to brainstorm ideas. Planning content for your social media marketing in advance is a must to enable smooth flowing content and interaction for customers.
Mobile media marketing is another invaluable tool for small businesses. The majority of customers have some form of mobile phone. Being able to offer your customers the choice to use their mobile to purchase your products is vital if you want to remain up to date.
The average person checks their mobile phone 150 times in any day, therefore the use of SMS media messaging is a really great form of advertising for small businesses. You have a direct link to the customer, 98% of text messages are actually read. Having the ability to send them an SMS (text message) can enable you to offer customers special deals and promotions that they can access easily. Incorporating your SMS marketing with your social media marketing will broaden your success financially. You will be able to reach customers and make them aware of any social media sites you may have running. Sending SMS alerts to your customers will give them the satisfaction that you as a business are there to help them and provide a service above and beyond the ordinary.
Thanks for reading!
The Text Guy